Gold has always been the investor’s best friend; and with the uncertainty that comes with currencies, gold bullion is often the preferred form to hold as it is less susceptible to price fluctuation. Having said that, storing such a valuable commodity is another thing entirely, and with that in mind, here are a few options for secure storage of gold bullion.
- Small Amounts – If you are a small investor and you have a few small gold bars, then a well-concealed floor safe would be sufficient, and providing no one outside of immediate family know of its existence, your assets are reasonably secure. A safety deposit box is another option for storing small amounts of precious metals, and if you happen to live in the Sydney area, there is affordable gold bullion storage at Avivaults.com.au, who have a very secure facility nearby.
- Vault Storage – Companies that offer safety deposit boxes will also have secure vault services for larger amounts of gold, and by having your own safe that is of a suitable size, you only pay for what you need. If you are interested in the inner workings of a vault, there are informative pieces of writing that goes into some detail regarding the manufacture process of a modern vault.
- Insurance – This is often viewed by the investor as another layer of protection, and in the case of precious metals, the vault provider would have access to specialist insurance providers who are prepared to cover large amounts of gold. Some safe deposit box providers actually give their customers free insurance. Although this would be limited to small amounts, but with an option to increase the cover, the gold can be insured.
- Established Service Providers – Having your gold bullion in a safe is not adequate protection, as the location of the safe must also be very secure; and there are some reputable online companies that specifically deal in the secure storage of precious metals and other equally valuable assets. This type of facility would be manned round the clock by professional security teams, and with video surveillance and other alarm systems in place, you can rest assured that your gold is in safe hands.
- Twin Key LockingSystems – This ensures that no single person is able to access the safe or vault; and with the client holding one key and company official the other, access cannot occur without both people present. This is by far the safest system as far as the client is concerned, and with access during regular office hours, you are never more than a few hours away from accessing the gold.
Gold has always been an essential component of commerce; and with so many small investors who have little faith in currencies, having access to a secure storage facility that ticks all the boxes will give the investor peace of mind, knowing that their assets are safe and can be accessed at any time. If you would like to find such a company in your area, an online search would give you a list of possible venues; and by using the services of an established provider, security is assured.